Third Annual GYSA Outdoor Triathlon
Greencastle Youth Softball Association is proud to announce the Third Annual GYSA Outdoor Triathlon, "Try it! You might like it
" on Saturday August 8th 2020 at the Greencastle Aquatic Center at Robe-Ann Park. This fundraiser will help raise funds for GYSA as well as provide a community outreach through health and wellness. Triathlons are great exercise for student athletes during the off-season as well as a fun activity for the whole family!We will be offering the following two options:Purple Sprint -
which is a 200 meter swim, 4 mile bike, and a 1 mile run.Silver Sprint -
which is a 400 meter swim, 8 mile bike, and a 2 mile run.Date:
Saturday August 8, 2020Location:
Greencastle Aquatic Center at Robe-Ann Park 405 S Bloomington Street, Greencastle IN 46135Times:
7:00 AM Transition Area Opens and Closes at 7:45 AM
7:50 AM Silver Pre-Race Meeting
8:00 AM Silver Race Starts ( faster swimmers begin first )
8:15 AM Purple Pre-Race Meeting
8:30 AM Purple Race Start (faster swimmers begin first )
- Parking will be on the North Side of the Greencastle Aquatic Center.
- Transition Area will be on the West Side Parking Lot.
- Some swim caps will be available.
- No ear buds during race.
- No riding bike in transition area ( walk bike to exit and enter transition area )
- Bring water bottle ( recommend for bike portion )
- Wood street has both bikers and runners so use caution and be aware of others
- Volunteers will have water at various points along run portion of the race.
- Prizes and snacks will be provided at the completion of race.
- We have some Athletico physical therapist to provide pre and post race stretching!!!